I grew up in a small farming town and raised livestock. I like to believe that this is where my fondness for animals originated. Although I have a strong passion for large animal medicine, I thoroughly enjoy working in small animal medicine at Eastown Veterinary Clinic and learning the fundamentals of veterinary medicine from a few of the best veterinarians in Michigan. When I am not at work, I enjoy spending my free time on my small rescue/hobby farm I call “Noey’s Ark”. Currently I have:
- 2 heifers (about 1.5 years old) who I rescued from being veal
- 4 goats that all have a different back story of being rescued
- 2 “mini “pigs 1 Potbelly who is about 150 lbs and 1 Juliana who is about 75 lbs
- 14 chickens some of which are rescues also from KCAS.
- 2 turkeys
- 1 outdoor working cat
- 3 dogs: 1 Great Dane “Lilo”, 1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier “Brisa”, 1 bully mix “Bruno.
Despite having such a wonderful farm at home, I actually very much enjoy my time and role at EVC as an Exam Room Assistant. It is a lot of fun getting to know the clients and their pets. Whether it is a first puppy visit or helping a client through losing their best friend of 10+ years, I enjoy being someone they can depend on and trust with their fur-babies!